Have you ever wondered what the City does with any surplus items?
Well the most common thing, is to ask another department if they have any use for the item. But what happens to those items that we no longer have a use for?
We list them on the MITN site (MITN.info). MITN is the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network. The site has gone through many upgrades, but one area is still the same. That is the legacy area where municipalities and other organizations list any of their unneeded items.
The city of Riverview has listed computers, laptops, receipt printers, adding machines, copier machines, desks, tables, chairs, cars, bikes, cameras, and other miscellaneous items that departments bring over.
If you have a device that you can access the internet, you can view the items for sale from any participating municipality or organization and bid on the items. Most items need to be picked-up in person.
One way to access the site is to go onto the city site (cityofriverview.com) and click on the purchasing department. From there you can either click on the link under How the City Buys and Sells or click on Purchasing News. Then there is a link for MITN Surplus Auctions that you can click on.
That takes you to the page that you can look at projects or purchases that organizations are seeking people to bid on or the Legacy Site has all the items on auction that you can bid on.
If you don’t already use the City of Riverview site, you can also go to Legacy.MITN.info to view the items.
The site does not get that much exposure, so we are just trying to make sure that residents know it is out there and you can bid on items.
Seeking to donate electronics, old computers and copiers
The City of Riverview Purchasing Department has listed some old electronic devices, computers, and copiers for auction and have received no bids on the surplus items.
- Ithaca Series 150 Receipt Printer
- HP Think Center Computer, Windows 7, 4GB Ram, 200GB Hard Drive, DVD Writer
- HP Work Station Computer, Windows 7, 8GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Dell Optiplex Computer, Windows 7, 4GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- HP Compaq DC7600 Computer, Windows XP, 4GB Ram, 160GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Unbranded Computer, Linux Open Suse-Tumbleweed, 8GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Itronix VR-1/VR-2 Vehicle Dock (new in box)
- Lenovo Think Center Computer, Linux Suse, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Ricoh Lanier LD433B Monochrome Copier (counter: 286,383)
- Ricoh Aficio MP4002 Monochrome Copier (counter: 592,742)
- HP DC5100SFF Computer, Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 40GB Hard Drive, CD-RW
- HP Z40 Work Station Computer, Windows 7, 12GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- HP 6000 Pro Computer, Windows 7, 4GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Dell Optiplex 360 Computer, Windows Vista 64-bit, 3 GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW
- Unbranded Computer, Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hard Drive
- HP 6200 Pro Computer, Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive, DVD-ROM
Anyone interested in any of these items can contact our consolidated services at 734-281-4230 and ask to speak to someone in the purchasing department regarding the auction items that are up for donation.
You can also send an email to email@example.com and please note which item(s) you may be interested in obtaining.