Riverview Veterans Memorial Library
Overdrive users now have access to digital magazines
Any Riverview resident with a library card has gained free access to hundreds of magazines through Overdrive / Libby App. Magazine titles like Bon Appetit, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, Vogue and Golf Monthly can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Magazine’ heading located in the navigation bar. Items can be checked out just like any other eResource using an active library card. To new materials available at the library visit: https://riverviewpubliclibrary.com/digital-collection/. Instructions for accessing eResources and getting a new library card are available below.
Free Face masks
We have free paper face masks (adult size) and cloth face masks (adult and children’s sizes) available for anyone in the community who needs them. If you would like some, we can deliver a set to you curbside or you can stop by the circulation desk. If you choose curbside delivery, please pull up to the front entrance (near the message board) and give us a call at 734-283-1250 when you are here.
May – June 2021 – Celebrating Libraries: Welcome to Your Library!
Help us celebrate libraries of all shapes, sizes and locations by lending your words and art to a celebration art installation! Stop by anytime this week to pick up a special craft kit and instructions on how to be a part of this fun display that honors the positive impact libraries have on communities across the globe. One kit per person. All ages welcome. No registration required.
May 19 – Take & Make Day: Spring Paper Windsock
Curbside or In-Person Pickup – 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Registration starts: May 4
Registration ends: May 17
Decorate your porch, balcony or window with this colorful spring-themed windsock. Kit includes everything needed to create a one-of-the-kind home decoration. One kit per person. All ages welcome. Quantities are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. Registration must be done over the phone or in-person at the circulation desk.
May 19 & May 20 – Outdoor Storytime with Mrs. K & Ms. Z
Outside the Library (look for signs) – 11 a.m. (weather permitting)
Registration starts: May 4
Registration ends: May 17
We will be hosting a spring-themed storytime with Mrs. K and Ms. Z. Participants will enjoy stories, songs and games. Registration is required in order to adhere to safety protocols. Masks must be worn for the duration of the event. Please only one adult per registration group. Early registrations will not be taken. Maximum of 20 children per session.
Save the Date! Summer Reading 2021 – Tails & Tales
From June 14-August 6, 2021 the Library is celebrating summer reading with reading contests, storytimes, art days, game days with Riverview Recreation and special events that include a magician, space exploration, exotic animal meet-and-greet and a Nerf War! Plans are in place for both virtual and in-person programming—so we are prepared to celebrate however we can. The final schedule of events and programming will be published and posted in June with plenty of time for registration starting June 14. Programming is always free and everyone is welcome.
Riverview Moves & Reads – June 24, July 8, July 22 & August 5 – 11:30 a.m.
Registration starts: June 1, 2021
Recreation’s New Sign-Up Website: secure.rec1.com/MI/riverview-mi/catalog.
Recreation and the Library are partnering together this summer to host free outdoor activities, storytimes, songs, crafts and physical activities at Riverview’s splendid parks. All ages welcome. Registration is required. Limit of 20 children per session. Masks must be worn by both children and adults. Events will happen weather and public health regulations permitting.
June 24 @ 11:30 a.m. – Coachwood Park, Theme: Michigan Animals
July 8 @ 11:30 a.m. – Jefferson Tot Lot, Theme: Farm Animals
July 22 @ 11:30 a.m. – Vos Tot Lot, Theme: Zoo Animals
August 5 @ 11:30 a.m. – Ray Street Park, Theme: Pets
On-going services and resources
Library Hours of Operation:
Monday – Tuesday, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Visiting us in the building? Please make sure to:
• Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth for the entire duration of your visit.
• Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less when browsing for new materials, picking up holds, faxing, using the copying machine or printing.
• Bring cash (small bills please) or a check made out to City of Riverview to pay for copies, printouts and faxes.
Choosing to use our curbside service? You just need to:
1) Place items on hold online (preferred method) at catalog.tln.lib.mi.us or by calling 734-283-1250. You can easily locate items when searching by title, author’s name or series name.
2) You will receive notification (automated call or email) when your items are ready to be picked up. Give us a call and let us know when you have arrived outside of the library. Please stop along the curb near our front entrance and we will deliver your items to your car (or bike). If you do not have a cellular phone, please call us before coming to the library.
3) In an effort to ensure the safe handling of library materials, staff members will not accept returns in-hand during pickup service. Please return all items to the dropbox located on the side of the building. (around the corner from the bike rack)
4) Patrons should expect a slight delay in returned items being removed from their accounts as incoming materials will be held in quarantine before being processed by library staff.
eBooks/Magazines, Overdrive & Libby
There has never been a better time to give eBook reading a try! Library card holders have thousands of books and audiobooks available for free through the Overdrive database. These materials can be accessed 24/7 on your eReader or smart device. We recommend downloading the American Library Association’s free Libby app for quick and easy access to eResources. The app gives readers the ability to browse, download and read/listen to materials on any smart device through this one-stop app. Detailed instructions can be found by visiting https://riverviewpubliclibrary.com/digital-collection/. If you have any questions, please call us at 734-283-1250 or email us at RVML14300@gmail.com. We will respond as soon as possible.
Need a library card to access online materials?
You can stop by the circulation desk during our hours of operation or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, street address, phone number and birthdate in the body of the email. We will process your card and email back to you your new card number and pin. Please allow a few days for processing.
A few helpful reminders:
• Our dropbox is open 24/7 and is located on the side of the building around the corner from the blue bike rack. All items are being quarantined so it may take a few days for the items to be removed from your account.
• Please be aware that materials that are more than 8 days late will be marked lost on your account. Patron accounts will be blocked until materials are returned.