The place to find worlds of information and imagination
Save the Date! Summer Reading 2021 – Tails & Tales
From June 14-August 6, 2021 the Library is celebrating summer reading with reading contests, storytimes, art days, drop-in game days and special events that include a magician, an inflatable planetarium, exotic animal meet-and-greet and more!
Plans are in place for both virtual and in-person programming—so, we are prepared to celebrate however we can.
As we get closer to June, registration and schedules will be published and posted in the Register, on our website & Facebook page and available through the city of Riverview app. Programming is always free and everyone is welcome.
Ongoing – Free Facemasks!
We’re excited to announce that we were awarded a grant from Ford Motor Company for 2,000 face masks. If you would like some, we can deliver a set to you curbside or you can stop by the circulation desk. If you choose curbside delivery, please pull up to the front entrance (near the message board) and give us a call at 734-283-1250 when you are here. We will deliver them to you while you wait in your car.
A big “thank you” to the Ford Motor Company!
April 5 – March Book Club: The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson, 7 p.m. – Zoom meeting link provided by emailing RVML14300@gmail.com
Book Club will be discussing the book The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson. Copies are available for pickup through the library’s curbside service or by stopping by the circulation desk. Call 734-283-1250 to reserve your copy today.
April 4 -10 – Celebrating National Library Week: Welcome to Your Library!
Help us celebrate libraries of all shapes, sizes and locations by lending your words and art to a celebration art installation!
Stop by anytime this week to pick up a special craft kit and instructions on how to be a part of this fun display that honors the positive impact libraries have on communities across the globe. One kit per person. All ages welcome. No registration required.
April 14 – Take & Make Day: Chenille Spring Flowers
Curbside or In-Person Pickup – 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Registration starts: April 1
Registration ends: April 12
Your creativity, a few chenille stems and a little glue will work together to create a beautiful spring flower bouquet. Kit also includes materials to make a paper vase. One kit per person. All ages welcome.
Quantities are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. Registration must be done over the phone or in-person at the circulation desk.
April 28 – Take & Make Day: Chenille Stem People and Superheroes
Curbside or In-Person Pickup – 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Registration starts: April 12
Registration ends: April 26
We are using a craft favorite–chenille stems–again, this time to make posable people of all shapes, colors and super powers. Kit includes beads, chenille stems, straw pieces and other embellishments to make your people come to life. One kit per person. All ages welcome. Quantities are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis.
Registration must be done over the phone or in-person at the circulation desk.
On-going services and resources
Library Hours of Operation:
Monday – Tuesday, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday
If you are visiting us inside the building:
• Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth for the entire duration of your visit.
• Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less when browsing for new materials, picking up holds, faxing, using the copying machine or printing.
• Bring cash (small bills please) or a check made out to City of Riverview to pay for copies, printouts and faxes.
• Meeting rooms and study spaces are not available at this time.
How to Get Items with Curbside:
1) Place items on hold online (preferred method) at catalog.tln.lib.mi.us or by calling 734-283-1250. You can easily locate items when searching by title, author’s name or series name.
2) You will receive notification (automated call or email) when your items are ready to be picked up. We will check out your materials over the phone, so please have your library card number handy.
3) When you arrive at the library, please stop along the curb near our front entrance and give us a call. We will deliver your items to your car (or bike). If you do not have a cellular phone, please let us know at the time of pickup scheduling.
4) In an effort to ensure the safe handling of library materials, staff members will not accept returns in-hand during pickup service. Please return all items to the dropbox located on the side of the building. (around the corner from the bike rack)
5) Patrons should expect a slight delay in returned items being removed from their accounts as incoming materials will be held in quarantine before being processed by library staff.
Faxing & Copying Curbside:
1) Call 734-283-1250 and set up a curbside time to visit with your documents.
2) When you arrive at your scheduled time we will pick up your documents at your car and fax or copy them as needed.
3) Our faxing charge is 50¢/page and the copying charge is 10¢/page. We are only accepting exact change or a check made out to: City of Riverview.
eBooks, Overdrive & Libby
There has never been a better time to give eBook reading a try! The Library has thousands of books and audiobooks available for free through the Overdrive database. These materials can be accessed 24/7 on your eReader or smart device. We recommend downloading the American Library Association’s free Libby app for quick and easy access to eResources. The app gives readers the ability to browse, download and read books on any smart device through this one-stop app. Detailed instructions can be found by visiting https://riverviewpubliclibrary.com/digital-collection/. If you have any questions, please call us at 734-283-1250 or email us at email@example.com. We will respond as soon as possible.
Need a library card to access online materials?
We have contactless library card registration through email. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, street address, phone number and birthdate. We will process your card and email back to you your new card number and pin. Please allow a few days for processing.
A few helpful reminders:
·Our dropbox is open 24/7 and is located on the side of the building around the corner from the blue bike rack. All items are being quarantined so it may take a few days for the items to be removed from your account. We are no longer charging any late fines on materials, so fines should not be assessed on items owned by the Riverview Library. Items borrowed from other libraries may still accrue fines.
·Please be aware that materials that are more than 8 days late will be marked lost on your account. Patron accounts will be blocked until materials are returned. Patrons who have lost books that are not returned will be charged book replacement costs.
·We will not be accepting donations until further notice. Please do not leave books in our mailbox, in the dropbox or anywhere outside the library. All donated materials will be thrown away.
·Wi-Fi is available 24/7 on the outside of our building. If you sit in your car on the north side of the Library you will have access to our Wi-Fi signal. A password is not required.
·If you are having trouble with your library card or would like to register a new card email RVML14300@gmail.com. We will respond as soon as we can.