Discover new reads and resources with a little help from your friends
FROM THE LIBRARY
Hello our Riverview friends and patrons!
We have to begin by thanking our patrons for their kind words of encouragement, patience and flexibility as we have been navigating through our new service models and for making us such wonderful masks!
As we write this, the State of Michigan is in Phase 4 of the Michigan Safe Start Reopening Plan which means that the Library remains in Phase 2 of our reopening plan “Curbside Services.”
Our Curbside Phase means our building remains closed to the public but patrons can still get access to thousands of print books, music CDs and DVDs/Bluerays through online item reservation. Thousands of eBooks are also available 24/7 through our Overdrive subscription service.
Starting Sept. 8, we are planning to offer craft kits for kids, teens and adults that can be reserved and picked up curbside. Kits will contain all the materials needed to make fall, winter and holiday-themed keepsake crafts.
We are also hoping to get some new storytimes with Mrs. K posted on our YouTube page. All of the information for craft kit availability and the storytime links will be posted on our website and Facebook page.
As always, each step we take in our Reopening Plan will be communicated clearly to you through Facebook, riverviewpubliclibrary.com, the Riverview Register and email. If you have any questions or need help getting access to the materials, please reach out to us by calling 734-283-1250 or emailing email@example.com.
We hope that the information below will keep the library with you in your place as we move into beautiful fall here in Michigan.
How to Get Items with Curbside:
1) Place items on hold online (preferred method) at catalog.tln.lib.mi.us or by calling 734-283-1250. You can easily locate items when searching by title, author’s name or series name.
2) You will receive an automated notification that your items are ready to be picked up. Please call and schedule a time to pick up your materials. We will check out your materials over the phone, so please have your library card number handy.
3) When you arrive at the library during your pickup time, please stop at the curbside sign located near the front entrance and give us a call. We will deliver your items to your car (or bike). If you do not have a cellular phone, please let us know at the time of pickup scheduling.
4) In an effort to ensure the safe handling of library materials, staff members will not accept returns in-hand during pickup service. Please return all items to the dropbox located on the side of the building. (kiddie-corner from the bike rack).
5) Patrons should expect a slight delay in returned items being removed from their accounts as incoming materials will be held in quarantine for 96 hours before being processed by library staff.
eBooks, Overdrive and Libby
There has never been a better time to give eBook reading a try!
The library has thousands of books and audiobooks available for free through the Overdrive database. These materials can be accessed 24/7 on your eReader or smart device.
We recommend downloading the American Library Association’s free Libby app for quick and easy access to eResources. The app gives readers the ability to browse, download and read books on any smart device through this one-stop app.
Detailed instructions can be found by visiting https://riverviewpubliclibrary.com/digital-collection/. If you have any questions, please call us at 734-283-1250 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as possible.
Need a library card to access online materials?
We are issuing library cards throughout the closure that are necessary to access online materials. Simply email email@example.com and include your name, street address, phone number and birthdate.
We will process your card and email back to you your new card number and pin. Please allow a few days for processing.
As we remain closed, here are a few helpful reminders:
n Our dropbox is open 24/7 and is located on the side of the building kiddie corner from the blue bike rack. All items are being quarantined for 96 hours so it may take a few days for the items to be removed from your account. We are no longer charging any late fines on materials, so fines should not appear on your account.
n Please be aware that materials that are more than 8 days late will be marked lost on your account. Patron accounts will be blocked until materials are returned. Patrons who have lost books that are not returned will be charged book replacement costs.
n We will not be accepting donations until further notice. Please do not leave books in our mailbox or anywhere outside the library. All donated materials will be thrown away.
n WiFi is available on the outside of our building. If you sit on your bike or in your car on the north side of the Library you will have access to our WiFi signal. A password is not required.
n If you are having trouble with your library card or would like to register a new card email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as we can.
n Visit our Facebook page and/or riverviewpubliclibrary.com for up-to-date information concerning the library and for updated links to resources that may help inform and entertain you from home.