As schools begin the slow start up for the summer workouts, Riverview Community School District athletes will be expected to adhere to the following list of rules.
Please note: We are only allowing fall sports to begin at this time.
• To decrease potential exposure to respiratory droplets, athletes and coaches will practice social distancing of at least six feet apart.
• All participants must wear a face covering or mask during activity, unless the activity is outside and the 6 feet social distancing rule is being observed. A lightweight, non- restrictive, face covering is recommended. A cloth mask is acceptable.
• Practices can only be done outside at this time.
• Athletes must bring their own water bottles. Any athlete that does not show up with their own water bottle will not be allowed to participate. Personal hand sanitizer is suggested.
• If a student or coach is ill they are not allowed to attend practice. Parents, we need your help on this.
• Athletes and coaches will need to do a pre-workout/practice screening prior to participating. This will be done before every athletic practice or training session by the coach running the practice or training session.
• If you are not comfortable with your child participating, that is okay, at this point it is voluntary and there will not be consequences.
• Coaches will train athletes on how practices will be safely run until we can fully open inside as well as outside.
• Athletes and coaches are expected to disinfect areas and equipment following practice.
* Equipment will not be shared during athletic practices and training without being disinfected first.
• After every practice, athletes should take their clothes home and wash them daily •
• Coaches cannot meet with students until the coaches have gone through protocol training.
Locker rooms and bathrooms will not be available at this time.